- Do you like fusible applique, but want a way to really make it pop, without extravagant quilting?
- Do you make wall hangings or table toppers and want them to really stand out?
- Have you experimented with other types of needlework and looking for new ways to incorporate them into your quilting?
- Do you want to break out of traditional quilting and just experiment on a small project to see if you like it?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, we have just the class for you – Floral Fancy. In this zoom class (a version will also be available for guilds), you will transform your quilting, from start to finish, as we teach you how to make these outstanding mini quilts. The idea is to use your existing skills in a new way to make a sweet mini quilt.
During the 6-hour class, you will learn to:.
- Quilt the block
- Make templates
- Use fusible (if you don’t know already)
- Create the applique
- Learn “improvised trapunto”
- Add beads to embellish it (if you want)
- Finish it off with stitching or binding
- Add a hanger to it.
The initial class will feature this stunning Daisy.
As part of our launch, we will be offering this initial class for 50% if you sign-up by Sunday November 12th. Why so quick? The first class is scheduled for November 16th. I had so much fun making these, I just couldn’t wait to share the technique with you!
We will also be offering the kits for 10% off if you order before Saturday November 11th. They provide almost everything you need to make these. Yep, we include backing, batting, notions and fabric. You jyst need to supply your normal sewing gear and your sense of adventure!
Do you have to buy the kits? Nope, but you will need to acquire all the bits and bobs in advance. Let’s face it, with the holidays around the corner, you have enough on your plate. So, we gathered it for you. Once you decide you like the technique, and we are sure you will, you can use your own materials and get creative. Or we can help you find just the parts you need to repeat your success.
More classes will be coming soon as over a dozen more flowers are coming your way. Talk about a bouquet. In fact, we have a special version coming out just for the holidays. You will get a sneak peak at the end of the class.
We really hope you will spend Thursday November 16th with us making Daisies. Take a day for yourself before the holidays.